The Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) has observed that the 17-year-old accused in the fatal Dwarka SUV crash “does not understand the preciousness of life,” noting an apparent lack of remorse during his hearing. The accident earlier this month claimed the life of 23-year-old Sahil Dhaneshra after the SUV allegedly rammed into his motorcycle and a taxi.
In its February 14 order, the Board said the teenager appeared indifferent when produced before it on February 4, a day after the crash. The JJB recorded that upon enquiry, the child in conflict with law did not seem to grasp the value of human life and showed no remorse for the incident. Following the observation, he was sent to an observation home for counselling, rehabilitation and his safety.
Meanwhile, a new video of the February 3 crash near the Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management in Dwarka Sector 11 has surfaced online. The clip shows bystanders confronting the teenager and his sister at the scene, while the victim lay injured beside his damaged Yamaha R15 motorcycle and a hit Swift Dzire cab. Police said the authenticity of the video is being verified.
Also Read: Trump Lauds Harmeet Dhillon From White House Stage: "Harmeet Is On Their Trail"
Despite the Board’s remarks about the boy’s conduct, his father has publicly expressed remorse and apologised to Sahil’s mother. He said he would abide by the judiciary’s decision and admitted he could not undo the family’s loss. The father is also facing legal action under the Motor Vehicles Act for his alleged role in the incident.
The accused, a Class 10 student, has been granted interim bail until March 9 to appear for his board examinations. The JJB said academic continuity was a relevant consideration under the reformative objective of the Juvenile Justice Act. During this period, the teenager will remain in his father’s custody after furnishing a ₹10,000 bond and must surrender once the exams conclude.
Also Read: Mark Zuckerberg Says Enforcing Instagram's Under-13 Age Rule Is Challenging