×
 

Amit Shah Announces 200 Arrests In Shahzad Bhatti Network Case Ahead Of I-Day

Amit Shah announces 200 arrests linked to Shahzad Bhatti network.

Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday announced that Indian security forces had dismantled the alleged ISI-backed Shahzad Bhatti Network (SBN) ahead of Independence Day and foiled plans for subversive attacks. Shah said more than 200 operatives linked to the network were arrested during coordinated operations. The operations were carried out across multiple locations in 14 states, according to the Home Minister.

Shah said the coordinated action demonstrated the government’s stated zero-tolerance approach towards terrorism. In a post on X, he credited Indian security forces with breaking up the network and preventing the alleged plans from being carried out. The operations targeted suspected members and associates of the network as security agencies worked to identify its wider structure and activities.

According to Shah, security agencies also recovered a range of materials during the operations. The recoveries included improvised explosive devices, grenades bearing Pakistan Ordnance Factory markings, pistols, live cartridges and CCTV cameras allegedly used for espionage. The Home Minister also alleged that the network had been involved in several terrorist activities, although investigations into individual cases and the wider network remain ongoing.

Also Read: Himachal CM Announces 100 CBSE Schools, Arrears Payment For Employees On I-Day

The announcement comes amid a series of arrests linked to an alleged Pakistan-linked terror and espionage module. In late July, the West Bengal Special Task Force arrested suspected Jaish-e-Mohammed operative Mohammad Hamim Mondal and his associate Arpita Sarkar in connection with the case. Investigators have since been examining the alleged links between the suspects and the wider network.

According to officials cited in the case, the alleged network targeted family members of at least six serving members of the West Bengal Cabinet through Sarkar. Investigators also alleged that handlers associated with the network maintained regular contact with her through encrypted messages on different social media platforms. The West Bengal STF has continued examining seized digital devices and international communication links as part of the investigation.

The latest operations come ahead of Independence Day, when security agencies traditionally maintain heightened vigilance against potential threats. Authorities are continuing to investigate the alleged network, its financing, communications and links to other suspects. Further details about the arrests, recoveries and individual cases are expected to emerge as investigations and legal proceedings progress.

Also Read: Rekha Gupta Highlights Courage And Sacrifices Of Freedom Fighters On I-Day

 
 
 
Gallery Gallery Videos Videos Share on WhatsApp Share