×
 

Gujarat Approves Rs 18 Crore Scholarship Scheme For SC Male Students

Gujarat expands post-matric scholarship eligibility for SC male students by raising income limit to Rs 6 lakh.

The Gujarat government has approved a ₹18 crore expansion of its Post Matric Scholarship scheme to include Scheduled Caste (SC) male students from middle-income families, widening the scope of financial assistance and extending educational support to an estimated 3,000 additional beneficiaries for the 2026–27 academic year.

The decision was taken under the guidance of Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel and announced by the Social Justice and Empowerment Department. Officials said the revised policy aims to bridge a long-standing gap in scholarship coverage for lower-middle-income SC families, particularly those who previously fell outside the eligibility limits of central assistance schemes.

Under the earlier framework, Post Matric Scholarship benefits were primarily restricted to SC students from families earning up to ₹2.5 lakh annually. With the new revision, the income ceiling has been raised to ₹6 lakh per year for SC male students, bringing them on par with expanded state support already available for SC female students under similar provisions.

Also Read: Centre Notifies VB GRAM G Scheme Replacing MGNREGA From July 1 Across India

The scheme will provide academic allowances and reimbursement of approved non-refundable fees, with all financial assistance to be directly transferred into beneficiaries’ bank accounts through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system. Officials stated that the digital-first approach is intended to ensure transparency, reduce delays, and improve accountability in the disbursement process.

Eligibility conditions include a minimum of 50 per cent marks in qualifying examinations for students entering diploma courses after Class 10 or Class 12. For undergraduate programmes, students must also secure at least 50 per cent marks in Class 12, while continuing academic performance requirements will apply for higher education levels to ensure sustained eligibility.

The government has capped the scheme at 3,000 beneficiaries and said implementation will follow centrally sponsored scholarship guidelines. Applications and approvals will be processed online, with monitoring carried out through the Chief Minister’s Dashboard and DBT portal. The department has also mandated social audits and third-party verification to ensure proper utilisation of funds and effective implementation.

Also Read: Delhi Government Introduces Aftercare Scheme For Orphaned Young Adults

 
 
 
Gallery Gallery Videos Videos Share on WhatsApp Share