×
 

Odisha Man Becomes Latest Indian Casualty in Russia-Ukraine Conflict Zone

Odisha man killed in Ukrainian drone attack in Russia.

A 25-year-old man from Odisha’s Ganjam district was killed in a reported Ukrainian drone attack in Russia’s Moscow region, while two other individuals from the state sustained injuries, officials said on Monday. The deceased, identified as Rameya, was a resident of Madhabandha village and the son of A. Limaya. According to local authorities, he had traveled to Russia earlier this year for employment through a private recruitment agency.

Officials said Rameya left for Russia in March through Micon Agency, which reportedly operates near Haripur Chowk under the jurisdiction of Golanthara police limits. He joined a company in April along with seven other individuals from Odisha seeking overseas work opportunities. The incident reportedly occurred on Saturday night when drones struck the company premises in the Moscow region, injuring several workers present at the site.

Family members received news of Rameya’s death on Sunday, triggering grief and concern in his native village. On Monday, relatives approached the grievance cell of the Ganjam district administration at Chikiti, requesting official assistance to bring their relative's body back to Odisha for final rites. Authorities have not yet released detailed information about the injured workers or the exact nature of the attack.

Also Read: Vladimir Putin Comments On Russia-Ukraine War, Says Conflict May Be Ending

The incident comes amid continuing hostilities between Russia and Ukraine, where drone strikes and cross-border attacks have increasingly affected civilian areas and foreign workers employed in industrial establishments. Several Indian nationals have previously been reported stranded or affected in conflict-linked situations in Russia and Ukraine, prompting repeated advisories from Indian authorities regarding overseas employment in sensitive regions. Local officials in Odisha are expected to coordinate with higher authorities and diplomatic channels regarding the repatriation process.

Also Read: Qatar Says US-Iran Negotiations Need More Time Amid Ongoing Diplomacy

 
 
 
Gallery Gallery Videos Videos Share on WhatsApp Share