CGHS Clarifies Wellness Centres Won't Shut For NEET PG 2026 Duty
CGHS denies fake notice claiming wellness centre closures for NEET PG.
The Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) has clarified that its wellness centres will remain operational from August 27 to 31, rejecting an unauthorised notice claiming that the facilities would be closed because medical officers had been assigned duties for the NEET PG 2026 examination. The clarification was issued after the notice, carrying the CGHS name and logo, began circulating and created confusion among beneficiaries.
The Directorate of CGHS said the circulated notice was neither issued nor authorised by the department. It described the contents as false and urged beneficiaries not to rely on the document. The clarification comes ahead of the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Postgraduate courses, which is scheduled to be conducted by the National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS) on August 30.
According to CGHS, all wellness centres will continue functioning according to their prescribed working schedules throughout the period. The department said arrangements would be made to manage any deployment of CGHS personnel for official duties without affecting services provided to beneficiaries. This is intended to ensure that routine healthcare services continue despite the examination-related administrative requirements.
Also Read: Bhagwant Mann Controversy: NHRC Seeks Report, Opposition Demands Answers
The directorate has instructed additional directors of CGHS to communicate the clarification to all wellness centres and beneficiaries under their respective jurisdictions. They have also been directed to make appropriate staffing and duty arrangements to maintain uninterrupted services. Officials have further been told to ensure that the unauthorised notice is not displayed or circulated through any CGHS office or official channel.
The CGHS has advised beneficiaries and members of the public to verify any information concerning changes in services through official sources. These include the CGHS website, the myCGHS 2.0 application and concerned CGHS authorities. The department specifically asked people to disregard the circulated notice and rely only on verified communications before making decisions about visiting wellness centres.
The unauthorised use of the CGHS name and logo has also been taken seriously by the health scheme authorities. The directorate has asked people who have information about the source or circulation of the notice to report it for appropriate action. With NEET PG 2026 scheduled for August 30, CGHS has reiterated that examination-related duties will not result in the closure of its wellness centres during the August 27-31 period.
Also Read: Delhi Techie Dies After Alleged Assault by Wife's Family, Says Police