Authorities Order Probe After More Bodies Go Missing In Bhadrak
Officials initiate inquiry after reports of additional missing bodies at burial site.
Authorities have ordered a probe after more bodies were reported missing from a burial ground in Bhadrak district, triggering concern among local residents and prompting administrative intervention.
District officials said the matter came to light after families alleged that graves at the burial site had been disturbed and mortal remains were unaccounted for. The complaints have led to heightened tensions in the area, with community members demanding immediate clarification and accountability from the authorities.
The district administration has directed a detailed inquiry to ascertain the circumstances under which the bodies went missing. Police have been asked to examine whether the incident was the result of negligence, illegal exhumation, or any other criminal activity. Officials indicated that statements from local residents and caretakers of the burial ground would be recorded as part of the investigation.
Also Read: Sexual Aassault Case: Rahul Mamkootathil Appears Before SIT After Expulsion From Congress
Incidents involving grave disturbances are treated seriously under the law, and authorities said appropriate legal action would be taken if wrongdoing is established. The administration has also assured families that steps will be taken to safeguard burial sites and prevent recurrence.
The case has drawn attention to the management and security of burial grounds in the district. As the probe progresses, officials have appealed for calm and urged residents not to spread unverified information while investigations are underway.
Also Read: Tamil Nadu To Publish Final Electoral Rolls On February 23