×
 

Four Killed, Five Injured In Russian Drone Attack On Kherson Minibus

Four killed, five injured in Kherson minibus drone strike.

A Russian drone attack on a minibus in the frontline city of Kherson killed four civilian passengers on Wednesday, according to Ukrainian authorities. Ukraine's prosecutor's office said the vehicle was travelling through the city when it was struck by a drone. President Volodymyr Zelensky condemned the attack and described it as part of what he characterised as a continuing campaign against civilians in Kherson.

Zelensky said five other people were wounded in the strike on the minibus. Ukrainian police released images showing damage to the vehicle, including shattered windows and a damaged roof. The attack came amid repeated accusations from Ukrainian authorities that Russian forces have been using drones to target civilians in Kherson, a city that remains close to the frontline.

"The Russian 'safari' against our people in Kherson" had gone beyond what a normal person could imagine, Zelensky wrote on social media. Ukrainian authorities have previously accused Russian forces of using remotely piloted FPV drones to pursue civilians in the city. Earlier this month, Kyiv alleged that a civilian near a street market was targeted by an FPV drone, leaving the man with blast trauma and shrapnel injuries.

Also Read: Iran’s Araghchi Warns Of “False-Flag” Ploys After Drone Attack In Erbil

Kherson was captured by Russian forces shortly after the full-scale invasion of Ukraine began in February 2022 but was retaken by Ukrainian troops later that year. Russian forces are now positioned on the opposite bank of the Dnieper River, which runs past the city. Despite the change in control, Kherson has remained exposed to frequent Russian attacks because of its proximity to Russian-held territory.

The city had a population of around 280,000 before the war and has faced repeated attacks and displacement since the conflict began. Ukrainian authorities have regularly urged residents to remain cautious because of the threat from drones and artillery. Russia has repeatedly denied deliberately targeting civilians and has maintained that its military operations are directed against Ukrainian military and strategic targets.

The latest deaths come as civilian casualties across Ukraine remain a major concern. The United Nations has reported an increase in civilian deaths during 2026 as the war continues into its fifth year without a comprehensive peace agreement. The attack on the Kherson minibus adds to the mounting toll in frontline areas, where civilians remain exposed to drone, missile and artillery strikes.

Also Read: Ukrainian Drone Attack Damages Assets Linked To Russia's Richest Woman

 
 
 
Gallery Gallery Videos Videos Share on WhatsApp Share