CISF Orders Inquiry After Woman Alleges Unauthorised Photography in Metro
CISF suspends personnel, orders inquiry into Delhi Metro photo complaint.
A Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel was suspended after allegedly taking photographs of a woman without her consent inside a Delhi Metro coach, triggering a confrontation with fellow passengers. The incident reportedly occurred late Saturday night near AIIMS Metro Station on the Yellow Line. A video of the confrontation later surfaced on social media, showing passengers questioning the official and demanding that the alleged photographs be deleted.
According to police sources, the incident came to light after passengers noticed the CISF personnel allegedly photographing the woman inside the train. When confronted, the official initially denied taking the pictures. However, the woman and other commuters reportedly asked to inspect his smartphone gallery, where they allegedly found photographs of the woman. The discovery led to a heated argument inside the coach as passengers questioned the official over the alleged act.
The confrontation subsequently escalated, with passengers attempting to take the official’s phone from him. The woman was heard objecting to the alleged photographs and asking that they be deleted. The purported video of the incident, which circulated widely on social media, showed several commuters surrounding the CISF personnel. The incident drew criticism online, with users calling for action if the allegations were established.
Also Read: Delhi Metro To Begin Services At 4 AM On Independence Day
The CISF took immediate action after the incident was reported and suspended the personnel pending an inquiry. In a statement shared on X, the Delhi Metro unit of the force said the alleged misconduct involving a female passenger had been viewed with the utmost seriousness. The CISF said a detailed investigation had been ordered and that appropriate action would follow based on the findings.
Metro Police sources said they received a PCR call regarding the incident at around 12:40 am on Sunday. Commuters, including the woman involved, reportedly told police that the CISF official had been taking photographs of her without consent. Police reached the location and spoke to those involved, but the woman did not file a formal complaint. The matter was subsequently brought to the attention of CISF authorities.
The incident has renewed attention on passenger safety and conduct inside public transport systems, particularly concerning privacy and interactions between security personnel and commuters. The CISF inquiry will determine the circumstances surrounding the alleged photography and establish whether further disciplinary action is warranted. Authorities are expected to examine available evidence, including the video and statements from passengers, as part of the investigation.
Also Read: Delhi Metro Uses 59-Second Rule to Calculate 99.95% Punctuality