Woman in Viral Ladakh Video Apologises to Army, Police
Woman in viral Ladakh video apologises to Indian Army, police.
A 25-year-old woman whose confrontation with security personnel in Ladakh went viral has apologised to the Indian Army, Jammu and Kashmir Police and Ladakh Police, saying she regrets the remarks she made during the incident. Speaking publicly for the first time since the video spread online, she said she had spoken out of frustration after being stopped on a road for several hours during a security-related closure.
The woman said she was travelling from Ladakh towards Delhi when the group was stopped because of a VIP movement. According to her account, the travellers waited for several hours and were initially told that the road would reopen after another hour. When the additional waiting period passed without movement, frustration among those stranded reportedly increased. She said the situation became more tense after travellers heard that a confrontation had taken place farther ahead.
The incident reportedly occurred near the Minimarg check post in the Dras area around Kargil Vijay Diwas on July 26. The Minimarg-Zoji La-Sonamarg road had been temporarily restricted for security reasons. In the viral video, the woman can be heard questioning the authorities over the prolonged road closure and asking why some people had apparently been allowed to pass while other travellers remained stranded.
Also Read: Zimbabwe Man Compares Life In India to Home, Video Goes Viral
The phrase “We are Gen Z” used by the woman in the video attracted particular attention online. She later explained that the statement was made spontaneously while people around her were encouraging her to confront the situation. She said she did not intend to make a broader statement about Generation Z or connect her remarks with other protests involving young people.
The woman acknowledged that some of the language she used during the confrontation was inappropriate. She said she respected the armed forces and had never intended to insult the Indian Army or gain popularity from the incident. She also said the circumstances surrounding the viral clip were more complicated than the short footage suggested and that she had been distressed by the reaction after the video spread widely.
Offering an apology, she expressed regret to the Indian Army, Jammu and Kashmir Police, Ladakh Police and Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah. She said she was ashamed that her remarks had hurt people and insisted that she was an ordinary 25-year-old who had not anticipated the scale of the video's circulation. Her clarification comes as the incident continues to draw attention over the conduct of tourists, security restrictions and the responsibilities of travellers during sensitive security operations.
Also Read: Drunk Man Wraps 15-Foot Python Around Neck in UP Meat Shop