×
 

Trump Draws Tough Red Line For Iran As US Pushes Fresh Five-Point Proposal

Trump warns Iran amid fresh US proposal.

US President Donald Trump on Sunday warned Iran that it could face significantly stronger military action if Tehran fails to present what Washington considers a credible proposal to end the ongoing conflict and restart negotiations. Trump said the United States still wanted a deal but indicated patience was rapidly running out as diplomatic talks remained deadlocked.

Speaking during a phone conversation with Axios, Trump said Iran would be “hit badly” if it failed to move closer to US demands. He added that the United States was prepared to strike Iran “much harder than before” if negotiations continued to stall. The remarks come amid heightened tensions following the conflict that began on February 28, 2026, when the US and Israel launched military strikes on Iran before a fragile ceasefire was later brokered with Pakistan’s involvement.

According to reports, Trump is expected to convene senior national security officials in the White House Situation Room this week to discuss possible military options and the future direction of negotiations. The president also held discussions with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu regarding the regional situation. Earlier meetings reportedly included Vice President JD Vance, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, envoy Steve Witkoff and CIA Director John Ratcliffe.

Also Read: Report: Donald Trump’s Silence On China Signals US Diplomatic Shift

At the centre of the diplomatic standoff is a five-point proposal presented by the United States, which Iran has so far rejected. The proposal reportedly calls for Iran to maintain only one operational nuclear site, transfer its stockpile of highly enriched uranium to the US, and accept that no compensation would be provided for damage suffered during the conflict. It also states that only a limited portion of Iran’s frozen assets abroad would remain inaccessible and that hostilities across the region must cease at the start of formal negotiations.

Iranian officials have continued to insist that uranium enrichment remains a non-negotiable sovereign right, creating a major obstacle to progress in the talks. Iranian media reports have described the current negotiations as being at an impasse, with Tehran arguing that Washington has not offered meaningful concessions while continuing to demand sweeping restrictions on Iran’s nuclear activities.

Diplomatic mediation efforts are continuing through multiple regional channels. Pakistan’s interior minister visited Tehran over the weekend for discussions with Iranian leaders, while Qatari Prime Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani held separate conversations with Pakistani and Iranian officials in an effort to prevent further escalation. Despite the ceasefire remaining technically in place, tensions across the region continue to remain high as both sides assess their next steps.

Also Read: Putin Scheduled To Visit China On May 19–20 Following Trump Trip

 
 
 
Gallery Gallery Videos Videos Share on WhatsApp Share